4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 8:05 AM by Dave LaRonde

AE CS4 crashes when rendering

Splendes

Since the last update to version 9.0.3.8 dva 2.0.0.161039  crashes when rendering.

• 1. Re: AE CS4 crashes when rendering
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You did not provide any info about your system, your project, your footage, your render settings etc., which makes your whole comment utterly useless....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE CS4 crashes when rendering
            Splendes Level 1

I have AE 9.0.3, using a windows Intel Core i7-2600 Processor (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz) 4GB RAM.

It a very simple project, with version 9.0.2 to and are already' succeeded in renderind and after the upgrade to 9.0.3 fails more to do, after a good start and fast after a while begins to slow down until total blockade.

Sorry but I do not speak English and it's difficult to explain. Do you understand Italian?

• 3. Re: AE CS4 crashes when rendering
              Splendes Level 1

The project I usually rendered above is an file.mov of 29451 kb.

• 4. Re: AE CS4 crashes when rendering
                Dave LaRonde Level 6

There are common causes to many problems in AE.  Here is a list of them:

Are you trying to use multiprocessing, also called "render multiple frames simultaneously"?  Turn it off:  you don't have enough memory to make it work.

Are you using Open GL to make rendering faster?  Turn it off: Open GL does not work well for rendering.

Are you using footage from a DSLR, HDV camera, GoPro camera, or Sony XD camera?  Many cameras record video using an encoding technique called long-gop, and AE 9 can't use it.  You should convert it to a lossless codec like Quicktime's Animation or PNG codecs.