3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2012 5:58 PM by the_wine_snob

Importing VOB Files

kwompus Level 1

I love that CS5.5 can import and recongnize VOB files from a DVD.  I have copied the VOB files from a HS football game into a folder (there are a total of 3).  I can play the files from that folder so I know the media is there.  When I import the VOB file into 5.5 i only get the first few seconds of the file.  What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Importing VOB Files
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Where and how were those VOB's created?

PrPro, as of about the second, or third update of CS4, can Import 100% DVD-compliant VOB's, but if those are NOT 100% DVD-compliant, then one will have issues. This ARTICLE goes into more detail.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Importing VOB Files
            kwompus Level 1

The disks are copied at high school so I don't have any details.   I can try converting the VOB to a MPEG file to see how that looks - thanks for you help.

• 3. Re: Importing VOB Files
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This is but a guess, but I would suspect that a DVR might be involved in their workflow. Those are good for just getting DVD-Videos, that might play in a DVD player*, but are not so good for editing.

Good luck with ripping the VOB's.

Hunt

* I have seen instances, where the resulting DVD would ONLY play from that DVR (or that model), and not from most DVD players.