7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 4:35 PM by the_wine_snob

help with video

picmania22

I've tried now 3 times to ask a stupid question and all I get is i'm in the wrong place....go figure... guess that's why it doesn't work and cant get any help...but thanks to 99jon for at least trying to help.  the video thing isn't working and i've tried since aug 2011 to get a 2 hour video done.  i've been to adobe and the people who can't speak english tell me it's my fault... why will my video stop  1.5 minutes and not play anymore??? how do I fix that?

• 1. Re: help with video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Assuming that you are using Adobe Premiere Elements, then you are in the right forum, and welcome!

Now, to begin helping, we need more info, about what you are doing, what you are doing it with, what you are doing it on, and what is going wrong. This ARTICLE will give you tips on the info that would be so very useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: help with video
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, be sure to tell us what model of camcoder your video is coming from and what format it's in, as well as which settings you selected when you set up your Premiere Elements project.

Parts 1 and 2 of my free 8-part Basic Training tutorials will help you with the basics of getting your media and setting up your project.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685

Setting up your project correctly for your particular media is VITAL to a successful editing experience!

• 3. Re: help with video
              picmania22 Level 1

Since August when I bought this program, and don't laugh but I've been using Windows Moviemaker.  I bought this program so I could progress with my videos.  My very first one, I am still working on, and no success... I have over 2000 wedding pictures and some videos... I've been try to make a 2 hour video with no success so I thank you both for helping me by answering my dismay.  I restarted everything again.. I've been using the (or trying ) to use the videos that come with the program.  since it didn't work all together I started making individual ones... my first 5 little 15 minute videos are working fine with .mpg and the last 8 won't work.  then end up .mt2 files.... I don't know where I went wrong... Then when I think I've wasted 30 hours for rendering, it stops playing the music after approximate 1.2 minutes and doesn't play any sounds for every one of them.  Then if I get it to play, it hesitates and stops and blurps and stops and blurps...

I'm using computer, mpeg, preset mpeg2 1920x1080i 25 so that the darn videos aren't blurry and if I dont' use that then all the pics and videos are blurry... I save but they continually do the same thing... I can't get past it and don't know how to fix it... Call me inexperienced but every time I've gone to the help section it gives me nothing I need.

I am discourages and sure wish I could get my money back... but since that's not happening and no support from Adobe now I'm here...

Thanks guys for your emails..

• 4. Re: help with video
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What are the measurements, in pixels, of your photos?

If you're producing a BluRay, your photos shouldn't be much larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size.

Using larger photos -- or using photos directly from a 7, 8  or 10 megapixel camera -- can choke the program pretty quickly.

• 5. Re: help with video
                  picmania22 Level 1

Thank you so much... I posted the dilemma

• 6. Re: help with video
                    picmania22 Level 1

range from 960 to 2420 pixels

• 7. Re: help with video
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I strongly recommend that you Scale those Images in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, prior to Import into PrE for a SlideShow. This ARTICLE will give you some reasons, plus show how to do so, in an automated way.

For an HD/BD Project, I agree with Steve - no larger than 2000 x 1500 pixels.

Good luck,

Hunt