5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 8:10 AM by Noel Carboni

Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool!

EXOdreamcat

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to extend an invitation to give your input on the upcoming EXOPC Photoshop Controller.
      It is a touch screen based controller for Photoshop, and uses the touch screen desk technology, EXOdesk.
      The tools are still in development, and we're looking for the Photoshop community to provide feedback and ideas on the design and features.

If you'd be so kind, please visit our research and development blog's Photoshop section, and let us know what you think about the idea.

http://exopclab.blogspot.com/2012/01/adobe-photoshop-controller-for-exodesk.html

Thanks!
      Dreamcat
      EXOPC Community Manager
      www.EXOcommunity.com

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9z_EqrOqj2Y/TxubTGvVhdI/AAAAAAAAAKw/TEXAqwqmuGs/s640/canstockphoto5369872.jpg

• 1. Re: Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool!
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Heh, I can tell you from the image alone that you need a LOT more upright monitor space.  At least a 30 incher to start with, if not two of them.

Your web page is almost unreadable, with medium gray text on a medium green background.  That alone kept me from spending even a moment trying to read it.  May I suggest at LEAST bright white text...

Is the desktop an entire touch-screen, or is the keyboard physical?  I certainly wouldn't want to be without a physical keyboard.  Maybe a pull-out drawer from underneath...

Personally I think the idea of a multi-touch display that isn't the actual working surface (i.e., so your fingers don't get in front of what you're working on) has a lot of merit.

For what I do with Photoshop I couldn't care less about all those color swatches.  An ability to put all the various panels up there might be nicer...

-Noel

• 2. Re: Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool!
            EXOdreamcat Level 1

The upright monitor or monitors is up to the user to provide.  The image doesn't represent the final desk's physical look.

The desk is entirely touch, but you can use a physical keyboard and mouse on it.  It is programmed to know when you are doing so.

For the blog website, there should be a pure white background behind the text.  At least, that's the way it loads for me in four different browsers.

Thanks for the feedback! 

• 3. Re: Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool!
              Noel Carboni Level 8

EXOdreamcat wrote:

For the blog website, there should be a pure white background behind the text.  At least, that's the way it loads for me in four different browsers.

Something could be improved...  Here's how it looks for me in IE9.  Note that I disable ActiveX by default, though I allow scripts.

HowItLooks.jpg

-Noel

• 4. Re: Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool!
                acresofgreen Level 4

Noel Carboni wrote:

Here's how it looks for me in IE9.  Note that I disable ActiveX by default, though I allow scripts.

With standard IE9 settings I am seeing the grey text on white background, as it should be. 

Capture exo..JPG

• 5. Re: Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool!
                  Noel Carboni Level 8

Thanks acresofgreen.  It flashes what you're showing up very briefly, then it changes to what I showed about a second later, usually accompanied by a jump to the bottom of the page.  Sometimes it changes to just white.  Only IE does what I describe here. I see it okay on Safari and Firefox. 

That said, my IE9 setup is solid and I have almost no Add-ons.  I'm believe there's something marginally wrong with the HTML that's causing it, and that at least some others see it too.  Just as a guess it may be something to do with timing in the scripts on the page.  I have a fairly fast computer.  Purposefully loading the system and slowing things down causes the problem to be worked-around.

-Noel