• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download and Installation Problem with ADE

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used ADE successfully for the past year for library downloads to my Nook.  I recently purchased a Nook Color, and was having trouble using ADE with it.  Someone suggested I uninstall ADE and re-install--I did uninstall; however, ADE will not allow me to re-install. 

At the ADE download page, I select "Launch" and receive this dialogue box:  "You may not have the necessary permission to use all the features of the program you are about to run.  You may run this program as a different user or continue to run program as current user."  I select "Current User" and receive the following dialogue box from ADE Setup:  "This installer requires administrative access" then "Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 6"  As for the option to run the program as the "Administrator" it will not accept a password because I never created a password.

This happens on the computer I originally installed ADE (Windows Vista), as well as a Mac Laptop.  I can't find anything in this forum or thru internet searching that directly addresses this issue.  Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLUTION:  download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab.  Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines