6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 3:55 PM by bamferproductions

Exporting to WMV with a massive loss of quality

bamferproductions

Hi there!

I've never had an issue with this before, but I need a little expert help on this one.

I'm trying to export a time line, source of 1280x720, into a WMV file. I've done it before with no issues.

But now, it seems like when the exporting is done, and I open the file, there is a loss of quality in the beginning. It's odd because, it seems like the video starts off just fine, but then a few seconds in, it degrades. The degragation continues for about 5 seconds, making the image a little blurry, but then it kicks back into the high quality it was. It maintains the high quality for the rest of the sequence.

What is even odder is that, when I export the individual, 5 second scene that looks degraded in the main file all by itself, it looks just fine.

I can't help but thing that it's something about it in my sequence that is making it do that. There is no effects or transistions between scenes involved at all.

Im exporting:

FORMATL Windows Media

PRESET: HDTV 720 60 High Quality (thought I have used 30 as well, with the same issue)

Video settings are

CODEC: Windows Media Video 9

Encoding Passes: Two

Bitrate mode: Variable Constrained

Framerate: 59.94

Pixel Aspect: Square Pixels

Decoder complexitiy: Auto

Keyframe interval: 5  seconds

Average video bitrate 5000

Peak Video bitrate 8000

peak video buffer size 5

Thanks in advance for any help!