4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2012 5:17 PM by frenchgardener

Printer jargon

frenchgardener

My new MG6150 Canon printer's Print Options are in a language I cannot understand.

No. 1     Prevent loss of print data. What is that? (not ticked)

No. 2  (Instead of Off-On, for no color management there is) ,

Disable ICM required from the application software. (I ticked this one, I hope I am right).

No.3   Disable the color profile setting of the application software. ( not ticked)

No. 4   Disable the paper source setting from the application software. ( not ticked)

The instructions in the manual say nothing about this, and I am

• 1. Re: Printer jargon
          PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

Bonjour!

For 1) I guess it means that the print job is put on memory, then sent to the printer. Sometimes, you can select if sppoling is done in the printer, or in the computer.

For 2) It all depends if you control CM from Photoshop or not. But the language they use is puzzling, indeed!

I'd check if the prints have the symptom of double-profiling.(usually, they are too green or magenta)

Have a great day!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Printer jargon
            frenchgardener Level 1

Thanks for the help.

I forgot to say that I had turned off colour matching and that I think I am letting Photoshop do the colour managing. My prints are ok, so maybe I am doing the right thing. I wonder if it is a translation from another language that makes these instructions so unclear. My previous Canon was much simpler, but it stopped working and as you know it is more economical to buy a new printer than to get an estimate for repairs.

Thanks again, and you have a great day!

• 3. Re: Printer jargon
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I've used EasyPhoto Print Pro from the moment I switched to Canon printers, and absolutely love not having to worry about Photoshop's colour management.  It just get's it right every time.  End of.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Printer jargon
                frenchgardener Level 1

Hi Trevor.Dennis, I had to download EasyPhotoPrintPro and it worked very well, I am surprised. I do watercolours with wet media brushes and print on Mat paper from Ilford. Thanks for the tip.