5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 9:12 AM by ALMedcalf6
      • 1. Re: PLEASE check my specs... Are they acceptable to run Adobe Premeire Pro?
        Harm Millaard Level 7

CPU is good.

Case, a mid tower is too small for a decent setup, get a big tower.

PSU, only go for a gold labeled A brand, like CoolerMaster or Corsair.

Memory, go for at least 8 but preferably 16 GB (4 x 4 GB)

CPU cooler is lacking, go for CoolerMaster H212 or better.

Disks, a single disk is not enough, go for three disks.

Video card, lacking. Don't you want to see what you are doing? GTX 560+ is OK.

Burner, lacking. Don't you want to export to DVD or BRD?

Mobo, P67 is better exchanged for Z68.

See Adobe Forums: What PC to build? An update...

• 2. Re: PLEASE check my specs... Are they acceptable to run Adobe Premeire Pro?
          RjL190365 Level 4

As Harm stated, that planned setup is lacking overall (or in this particular case, completely non-functional). You see, if you were to stick wits P67, that chipset requires a discrete graphics card to even be usable at all. The P67 cannot use the i7-2600's integrated graphics at all.

Second, that system is completely missing an optical disc burner. Unless your intended final output consists entirely of extremely low-definition, 320x240 video for Web and complter only, you will need an optical burner (DVDR or BDR).

Third, as Harm stated, a single disk for absolutely everything is nowhere near sufficient for any kind of video editing at all whatsoever (unless you want your system to take all of two weeks just to encode even one minute of video). Plus, that Seagate hard drive that you selected is one of the slower-performing hard drives that are currently available. (Seagate does have a newer 7200.14 1TB hard drive that's significantly faster than the drive you selected, which is the older 7200.12 series drive.) Plus, video editing requires simultaneous read and write operations - something that a single SATA connection cannot handle at all (SATA is only a half-duplex interface, which allows data transfers in only one direction at a time).

Fourth, that 4GB kit is way, way too expensive for such a small amount of RAM. (Especially since you can buy 8GB kits from some major brands for less money than what that particular 4GB kit costs.)

And get a roomier, taller case: That V3 case can accommodate only four internal hard disks total - not enough to accommodate an upgrade to even a minimally acceptable editing rig a year or two down the road (when HD video requires a lot of disk throughput just to even be handled smoothly). (Two additional 3.5" bays are designed only for floppy drives and card readers, and cannot accommodate a hard disk due to their lack of matching screw holes.)

• 3. Re: PLEASE check my specs... Are they acceptable to run Adobe Premeire Pro?
            ALMedcalf6 Level 1

Can you guys recommend a good Motherboard and  Processor for me? I failed to mention that I have a ton of Ram, I have two Solid State Hard Drives.  I actually have the Video Card that you mentioned, the GTX560.  The burner isn't much of a concern, we're only doing web based video.  It would really help me if you recommended a really good Motherboard and Processor. Thank you for your help.

• 5. Re: PLEASE check my specs... Are they acceptable to run Adobe Premeire Pro?
              ALMedcalf6 Level 1

Yes sir you did, i'm sorry I didn't see it....