7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 5:28 PM by cryswhit

CF8.01 Enterprise 64 bit OS X JAI error

Dave Phipps Level 1

Hi,

We have been using CF8 for years on an xserve running cf8 enterprise (32 bit) single server mode and have had no problems. We recently added a new xserve running OS X Snow Leopard and installed CF8.01 Enterprise 64 bit in multi server mode (currently using default cfusion instance). All of the sites load correctly until we try and process images. We are seeing 2 different errors when trying to resize (or crop) an image:

sealing violation: package com.sun.media.jai.util is sealed

java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: package com.sun.media.jai.util is sealed at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at

and

Could not initialize class javax.media.jai.JAI

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class javax.media.jai.JAI at coldfusion.image.Image.resizeImageWithJAI(Image.java:1189) at coldfusion.image.Image.resize(Image.java:1119) at coldfusion.image.Image.resize(Image.java:1010) at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.ImageResize(CFPage.java:6210) at

After a server restart we run a test imageResize() script and we see the first error above. Then on subsequent requests we see the second error.

The server is using JDK 1.6.0_29 64bit (Mac OSX default).

I have also setup a test server (CF8.01 Ent 64 bit OS X) which is running on JDK 1.5.0 and the same error occurs.

Has anyone seen this before. I have applied all hotfixes to the main server and not to the test server.

Really tearing my hair out about this one as I can't see why the code which was working on CF8 Standard and Enterprise is now not working.

Any help would be really appreciated I know that CF8 is a bit long in the tooth (waiting for CF10!)

Cheers,

Dave