6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 1:37 PM by Stephen_Spider

Volume?

Pacey4321

How can i turn up the volume in Premiere Pro? I don't mean adjust the audio tracks the volume is fine when exported but for some reason the volume in the preview is not the same.
      I have checked my audio mixer on windows and it is full. Confused :S

• 1. Re: Volume?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

You can't.

You'll have to turn up the speaker volume, or the computer's volume level out side of PP.

• 2. Re: Volume?
            Pacey4321 Level 1

Evrything is already maxed out lol

• 3. Re: Volume?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

If your system is feeding directly to the speakers, then you might consider adding an amp from the Line Out, to drive the speakers.

I had similar with my older Bose headphones - the computer's headphone out was maxed, but the volume was still low. Got a new set of Bose QC15's, and their volume was much better. In my case, it was just the headphones.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Volume?
                Jim_Simon Level 8

you might consider adding an amp from the Line Out, to drive the speakers.

That would not be smart.  If the audio is working now, then the speakers already have their own amp included, and you'd blow something up if you then connected a speaker level signal to the computer speakers' line level connection.

What he might do is add a more powerful amp and then add different speakers that have a speaker level connection (which doesn't include most computer speakers).

Still, I think that would be overkill.  Assuming a proper connection and no issues with hearing loss, it's unlikely that the system sound is turned up all the way and the speakers themselves are turned up all the way and there still isn't enough volume.  (Unless the clips have like -60dB levels or something.)

• 5. Re: Volume?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, it really depends on the actual equipment.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Volume?
                    Stephen_Spider Level 3

Give more specifics about your system and project for a better chance at a helpful answer.