3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 5:13 PM by zanney59 RSS

IE Browser Problems

zanney59

Hi, I just built my first website using CS5 and it works fine in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome but in IE the background of the #container comes out black. Could anyone help me resolve this problem?

My website is http://www.suzanneyoungcostumedesign.com/

Is there some code I need to add to make IE recognize and show the container background color?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: IE Browser Problems
          zanney59 Community Member

Anyone?

• 2. Re: IE Browser Problems
            mytaxsite.co.uk MVP

Your site looks identical in Firefox 9.0.1 and IE8.  What version of IE

are you having problems with?

• 3. Re: IE Browser Problems
              zanney59 Community Member

Thanks for your response JTANNIA, I think I might have figured it out. The problem seems to be in the pre IE 8 versions and I believe that what was causing the trouble was in the "#Container" dialog box where, at the end of the list on the left was the heading "Extensions" On clicking on that I found that under "Filter" the word "light" was entered. I cleared that and left the box empty, saved, then went to check in IE and the problem seemed to be resolved.

I don't know what all those filters are for but I do know that they can cause trouble in older browsers so if anyone else has the same problem they might want to check that out.