9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2014 5:49 PM by SI_MSD7 RSS

Combining PDF Form causes fields to disappar, Acrobat to crash when trying to edit combined PDF

AVTTCLC Community Member

I have a 10 page PDF form that I can edit normally.  I combine it using the Combine Files wizard.  The resulting PDF has several fields disappear upon saving, and causes Acrobat to crash every time if I try to edit the form.  I can combine the original PDF form with no other document, and the error still occurs.  I have several similarly named fields, such as Name#1 and Name#2, and it seems that all those fields disappear after going through the Combine Files process.  I can open the resulting PDF, and fill in the remaining fields, but attempting to edit the form causes Acrobat to crash each and every time.

I have used this process before, with no problems, but it fails every time on this form.

This is the error in the Event Viewer: Faulting application Acrobat.exe, version 10.0.0.396, time stamp 0x4cc5ebc0, faulting module AcroForm.api, version 10.0.0.396, time stamp 0x4cc5f5cc, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0012d905

This is using Acrobat X Standard and Pro on XP Pro and Vista.

If I open the original PDF, and insert a new PDF as new pages, that works fine.

I updated Acrobat to the latest patch, problem remains.  I don't know how to resolve this.