5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2012 10:55 AM by groove25

after a update of cs3 to 9.0.1 styles are broken

claudi.c@fiberworld.nl Level 1

On my laptop with version 9.0.0 I can apply styles.

On my desktop version 9.0.1 I cant apply styles anymore.

I have no clue what happened. On both computers I do exactly

the same I create a vector smar rect or I type some text and

click on a style in the style palette. On my laptop this works great

on my desktop nothing happens, I can't apply a style.

I know cs3 is old but it should not just stop working after a update.

Hope someone has a work around or solution other then reinstalling.

Thanks in advance,

Claudi

• 1. Re: after a update of cs3 to 9.0.1 styles are broken
          groove25 Level 4

Have you tried the Reset Styles option within the Style panel fly-out menu? Or if that doesn't work, try Import Styles... and navigate to the Styles folder that contains the styles you're trying to apply.

Also, it may sound silly, but if a panel is acting buggy, it never hurts to close it and then go to the Window menu to reopen it... Just an idea.

• 2. Re: after a update of cs3 to 9.0.1 styles are broken

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunatly both tips didn't produce a result. Most unfortunate.

(sorry for my late reply, but unexpectedly I got very busy)

All other ideas are still very welcome as I realy need it.

All the best,

Claudi

• 3. Re: after a update of cs3 to 9.0.1 styles are broken
              groove25 Level 4

Wow, I thought sure the Import Styles trick would work... Here's an idea: Have you tried creating a style from scratch? (Then if that works, try applying the new style.)

Are you on a Mac or PC? Following is an interesting link for Mac users about troubleshooting system errors... It's not directly relevant to your problem, but its methodical approach might give you some ideas. (I wonder if there are any other troubleshooting pages like this on the Adobe site?)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/824/cpsid_82414.html

I'm using FW8, and one thing I notice is that Styles are just about the only presets that exist only in the user's Library > Application Support folder. Every other type of preset has a folder inside the main Application folder (within the Configuration folder). Of course, this is on a Mac and using an older version of the software; I don't know if the same is true for CS3.

• 4. Re: after a update of cs3 to 9.0.1 styles are broken

I did try to create a style from scratch. It didn't work either. Unfortunatly.

I will try to reinstall the style in the user's Library > Application Support folder.

perhaps even deleting the prefs file etc. If nothing helps I will try to copy over the

fireworks version of my laptop to my iMac. Yes I am on mac. Hope that works

I don't know. And then of course never update my CS 3 fireworks again or at least just

one at a time and check which things got broken.

Annyway Thanks a lot

Claudi

• 5. Re: after a update of cs3 to 9.0.1 styles are broken
                  groove25 Level 4

Sorry my suggestions haven't helped. Here's Adobe's support page for Fireworks, if you haven't checked it out:

http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/

I'd probably try moving the Styles folder into the main application Configuration folder and see if that has an effect, and then try moving it back to its original location in your user Library > Application Support folder and see if that has an effect. Not saying that any of that will work; it's just what I'd try.

Other than that, I'd consider deleting preference files, etc., according to suggestions from Adobe or other trusted sources. Before doing that, though, I'd also be sure to shut down my computer and then restart it. (Anytime you're having buggy behavior, it's probably worth doing a little basic computer maintenance, like clearing the computer's cache files by shutting down and restarting...)