1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 10:11 AM by DrunkCyclist

gotoAndStop error 1120:Access of undefined property on MC's loaded from .swc

DrunkCyclist Level 1

I am trying to tell a MovieClip added from a .swc library to do simple things like "gotoAndStop()" and all I get is a red X error message 1120: Access of undefined property whenever I do.

I can add the MovieClip to the application and position it without any problem. I cannot make it do anything. In my Flash IDE library the CustomCheckBox()'s base class is

import flash.display.MovieClip;

import mx.flash.UIMovieClip;

//  **** TRIED EACH IMPORT STATEMENT AND BOTH**** (NEITHER of which work at all).

private var _checkPlaylist:MovieClip = new CustomCheckBox();

private var _checkClassroom:MovieClip = new CustomCheckBox();

_checkPlaylist.gotoAndStop(1);

_checkClassroom.gotoAndStop(2);

I can declare my CustomCheckBox as a MovieClip and in my Symbol Properties panel it's base class is — mx.flash.UIMovieClip — and it shows up just fine. I just can't make the thing stop or do anything else a MovieClip is supposed to be able to do.

One of the other developers here who is way more advanced than I am also cannot get a ******* movie clip to stop either.

I am new to Flash Builder — yet have been using Flash and AS3 for years and I have never had a more difficult time getting up to speed with a new technology than Flex / Flash Builder has become for me. I feel stupid that I keep spending days on end just trying to figure out basic things like this.