3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 6:29 PM by the_wine_snob

word doc into premiere title

marcorabellini Level 1

I've been searching for some way to get formatted text from a Word doc into the Premiere titler and retain the font and formatting. Does anyone know if that's possible? I've done a workaround by saving the doc as a pdf, importing into PS, then saving and importing into Premiere, but of course that negates any editing capability in Premiere. There must me a way.

I do medical video and there is always a very long, dense title scroll at the end called a PI (patient information). It's the text that's on the piece of thin paper that comes with a bottle of pills.

My clients provide me with word docs that have all the proper underlining and bolding and italics. Because it is so extensive, it's very time consuming if I recreate it in premiere and then needs more edit-checking rounds by the client. Hence, it would be so much better to be able to import the formatted Word doc directly into premiere.

Thanks,

m

• 1. Re: word doc into premiere title
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I use Word, and WordPerfect for Titles, but am more often creating those in Photoshop, for Import into PrPro.

I use the Copy/Paste method, but as the formatting is code, specific to the wordprocessing program, do not bother even doing that, in Word/WordPerfect, and do it in PS. The same hold for PrPro.

I know of no way to get the formatting code to be read in either Photoshop, or PrPro.

Good luck, and maybe others have a neat trick - then we can both learn something.

Hunt

• 2. Re: word doc into premiere title
            marcorabellini Level 1

I thought I used to be able to copy out of Word and paste into AE and retain the formatting but that doesn't work anymore, if it did. I'm a little foggy on if that was Word to AE or AI to AE.

One problem with the Premiere titler I can't seem to figure out is if I have a very long block of text, there seems to be no way to scroll down in the titler window. Am I missing something?

• 3. Re: word doc into premiere title
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, AI to AE, or PrPro will be different.

Personally, I liked the Rasterization with PS, from AI, better than PrPro, but have not tried it out in PrPro CS5.5, so that might have improved.

Good luck,

Hunt