2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 6:46 PM by pwillener

Flash Player Keeps Needing to be uninstalled and reinstalled

CeCe8301

Hello,

Starting in late December, I would go to watch a show on various websites and would be told that I needed to download Adobe Flash Player, despite having been able to watch shows on the same website shortly before.  I would look at my installed programs, and flash player would be listed, both Adobe Flash Player 10 and Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX 64 bit.  The only way to make things work seems to be to uninstall and re-install flash player.  However, this has now happened four times and is becoming rather time consuming and frustrating. Today I was watching a series of TV episodes on the same website.  When I started the third episode, the screen told me that I needed to install adobe flash player, despite it working for the previous two episodes and there only being about 10 seconds between ending the second episode and clicking on the third.  I still see Adobe Flash Player installed on my computer. Can anyone help me figure out why this keeps happening?  If it helps, I run Vista.  The problem occurs in all of my web browsers: IE, IE 64bit, and Foxfire.

Thank you!