4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 8:59 AM by John T Smith

Beat Matching

squidlord5

Hi there, i have around 600 images, that i want to beat match to the calvin harris song, merrymaking, how do i do it so the images change in time with the music?

Thanks

Nick

• 1. Re: Beat Matching
          the_wine_snob Level 9

As you play the Sequence w/ the Audio, just tap the * on the numeric keypad, with NumLok ON. This will add Markers (can be tweaked, if necessary), and you can then edit the Stills to those Markers.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Beat Matching
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Calculate the time between beats.  Use that to figure out how long each image needs to be.  Accounting for frame rate, set the Still Image Default Duration to match.

• 3. Re: Beat Matching
              Mathias Moehl Adobe Community Professional

I know this is an old post, but just for reference, if anybody else has the problem now:

We just released BeatEdit for Premiere Pro, which gives you a very powerful and flexible solution for exactly this task:

beatedit_premiere_UI_web.png

BeatEdit for Premiere Pro - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

• 4. Re: Beat Matching
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Due to the way the current Jive anti-spam plugin works, all messages with links are subject to being placed in Moderation for someone to look at the message to be sure it is not spam or a malicious link

Also, ALL messages from new forum members are sent to Moderation, even if they do not have a link in the message... and again, a reply to a new user MAY be sent to Moderation based on the forum message count of the original person

As far as multiple messages about the same subject, that is because the average user does NOT search the forum before posting, so if six people have the same/similar question, there are very likely going to be six new questions