1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2012 6:53 AM by Ned Murphy

Multiple Indesign pages to Flash

thuuske

Hello,

I'm creating a interactive cd in Flash.

In my flash file is a movieclip that consists 103 frames. Every frame is a different page.

I'm using Indesign to create this pages because its the best way to work with so many different pages.

When I export the pages to .jpg everything looks and goes wel. Only the quality becomes very low when putting the swf to fullscreen.

I've tried exporting it as .swf but is it wisely to put 103 .swf in a flash file? I'd like to keep the text vector and readable on every screen size.

Does anyone have a good workflow for this?

Thanks in advance,

Thuuske

• 1. Re: Multiple Indesign pages to Flash
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I believe that as long as your swf's do not have any actionscript in them, you will fair much better haviung 103 swf's versus 103 jpeg files.  Using native graphics in Flash swfs normally saves a bundle of file size and you get the vector graphics as well.  As soon as youy introduce jpegs, tyou need to get their resolution up tot a level that has them presented clearly, which usually means increased filesize.

One thing you might try before you change to trying swfs, if you haven't done so already, is to make sure you have the Allow Smoothing option assigned for all of the jpegs.  This can help resolve matters of images looking bad at different sizes, though upsizing is more often the dangerous direction to head.