3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2012 5:22 PM by mytaxsite.co.uk

copy page of website back onto computer

Stephen Del

I made changes to a page before I realized I hadn't made a copy first. I want the page on my website to be referenced in a link. The page on my computer is missing 15 pictures. Is there an easy way to "get" the page back on the computer by downloading it back down?

I could probaly just place the 15 photos back on the page I have but it would seem that one could "get" their page back simply.

Thanks

Stephen Deleski

stephendeleski@charter.netr

• 1. Re: copy page of website back onto computer
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

I made changes to a page before I realized I hadn't made a copy first. I want the page on my website to be referenced in a link. The page on my computer is missing 15 pictures. Is there an easy way to "get" the page back on the computer by downloading it back down?

I could probaly just place the 15 photos back on the page I have but it would seem that one could "get" their page back simply.

There are two ways you can do this:

1) You can use an external ftp program like Cuteftp or filezilla and download just one page from your server; do the necessary editing and then put it back on the server using the same tool.

2) You could re-create the page on your desktop/laptop by looking and copying the source code of the page; do the necessary editing and then upload it to your server just this page.  To view the source code, you can use any web browser like Firefox (or even IE) and then right-click on the page and select "view source code".

Hope this helps but if you still have the problems then let me know which page you want to recreate and I will give you the source code by posting it here.

Good luck.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: copy page of website back onto computer
            Stephen Del Level 1

I use dreamweaver cs5, I was hoping the "Get" under the site menu would pull it back down to my computer so I could save it properly. I have dual monitors so I just opened firefox and placed the photos I accidently deleted from the layout back in to the position they needed to be.

Just seems easy to "put" it on as site and it should be east to also "Get" it back.

Thanks for your repsonse and help.

Stephen

• 3. Re: copy page of website back onto computer
              mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

Stephen Del wrote:

I use dreamweaver cs5, I was hoping the "Get" under the site menu would pull it back down to my computer so I could save it properly. I have dual monitors so I just opened firefox and placed the photos I accidently deleted from the layout back in to the position they needed to be.

Just seems easy to "put" it on as site and it should be east to also "Get" it back.

Thanks for your repsonse and help.

Stephen

To use CS5, I suggest read this article:

<http://tinyurl.com/868pux7>

The above link will take you to this one:

<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dreamweaver/cs/using/WSc78c5058ca073340dcda9110b1f693f21-7eb2a .html>

Good luck.