4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2012 4:18 PM by halley37

Canon Vixia HF G10 Footage Request

Pyramid Pyro Level 1

Hello All,

I'm thinking of investing in 2 Canon Vixia HF G10 camcorders.  Before I do I would like to demo some of the footage on my computer.

Is there anyone out there who owns a Canon Vixia HF G10 camcorder that can send me some sample footage:  MXP Mode, 60i ?

Any comments/experiences on this camcorder would be helpful as well.  I'd like to get two, 4 of the bigger batteries, 2 chargers, and 4 32GB cards.

Thanks,

Erik

• 2. Re: Canon Vixia HF G10 Footage Request
          Stephen_Spider Level 3

I am using Vixia HF S200 & HF M400 without issue.

• 3. Re: Canon Vixia HF G10 Footage Request
            Zoop studio Level 1

Hi Erik, I own a HF G10 (in Europe it's Legria instead of Vixia) and they are great, sharp but cinematic picture, great in low light conditions.

About the batteries: I bought 2 extra 827's (non Canon) and a 220V/12V charger for €75,- (the same money as 1 original, small, Canon battery)

The 827 battery gives you about 300-400 min. recording time each.

I only have Pal 1080 25P footage, if you want some, PM me.

The lens and Cmos chip are the same as the XA 10 (1,5 x the price) and the same as the XF 100/ 105 ( 2,5 - 3 x  the price of the HF G10)

Nice shallow depth of field (I added a vari ND filter to set a low F stop, apenture)

Read the manual and play with it for a few days and you have a very, very nice camera!

• 4. Re: Canon Vixia HF G10 Footage Request
              halley37

I love this camera.  I do have one gripe and that is the viewfinder.  I am used to shooting with an xl h1 for work and it has a nice big viewfinder.  The other day I was hiking and tried to get a shot of an eagle in the sky and could not track it looking through the small view finder and light was leaking in too.  The fold out LCD is hard to work with in the bright light. I’m currently looking for a fix for that problem.  But beside that it is a good solid camera in most all conditions.  I shot some video at night over Christmas and it came out pretty well considering there was little light.

I have been using batteries by Wasabi Power I got at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004THA2OE/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

And they seem to work very well I have been getting about two hrs of use out of each one.

The audio is awesome too.  Use both an external and on board microphone and for the most part I have been using the onboard without getting any machine noise from the cam because everything is solid state.

I looks like I cannot attach a video file for an example, but I can tell you this that the lower res FXP is what I have been using and it work great.