0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 5:21 AM by dorpond

Printing Issue with Reader 10.1.2: Two identical printers showing

dorpond

Printing Issue with Reader 10.1.2: Two identical printers showing

After a user updated to 10.1.2, I got a phone call that they weren’t able to print anymore. When I arrived at the users computer, I noticed that there were two identical printers in her list of printers (but only for this default printer).

\\csw28dc3\CS-maincopier

And

\\csw28dc3\CS-MAINCOPIER

(note one is in caps and the other isn’t)

When I go to ‘devices and printers’ in Windows, I only see one of that printer on the list, but for some reason Acrobat Reader is showing two.

This printer is the default printer and if she tries to print to that default in Reader, Acrobat won’t print. She can’t at all communicate with it and even the (printer) properties button does nothing. If she manually selects the other printer on the list, that one works.

I applied that ‘printer crash’ patch, and it did not fix this issue.

-The printer (actually a copier) in question is a RICOH Aficio MP 4001 PCL 6 and it is a network printer managed by a Windows 2008R2 server.

-The OS is Windows 7

-The printer was installed one of two ways:

Either by adding it manually through add printer

(or)

Manually running a script: rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n\\csw28dc3\CS-MainCopier

(Note: for many years I have installed printers via manually running scripts like this)

Also note that all her other printers are not duplicated, just this one that happens to be her default.

For Adobe support:

If there are any questions you have for me, please ask. I will provide any information you need.