1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 8:09 AM by MurraySummers

missing tool in DW CS5.5?

Estrangheros

Today, when I moved my css-template from FW into the DW, somehow a div (mainContent) disappeared. I remember, that in the earlier versions of DW CS4, there was an option on the toolbar that allowed to draw div- tags manually. But in the DW CS5.5 I miss it! Did Adobe removed that option, or is it just on another place?

In case it doesn't exist anymore, ho to I can fill the empty space (its like a hole in the middle of the page) with a div- tag, since the "start on point" and wrapping options does not work for me in this case?

• 1. Re: missing tool in DW CS5.5?
          MurraySummers Level 8

in the earlier versions of DW CS4, there was an option on the toolbar that allowed to draw div- tags manually.

No, there wasn't.  There was an option to draw absolutely positioned divs manually.  There's a huge difference.  In CS5.5 you can do something similar with INSERT | Layout Objects > AP Div, but that will insert an absolutely positioned div that is already sized.  Changing the size/position is a simple matter, however.

You should know that absolute positioning is like an elephant's graveyard for inexperienced or non-coding users.  DO NOT use this unless you understand how absolute positioning works and what the major disadvantages are when it's used to layout a page.