• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add text over video and still images?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS 5.5. I want to add some text credits at the end of a short clip on top of a still image but I'm not sure how to do it. I don't want to do a crawl, just plain text over the .jpg image. I tried using the "Title" to do it but for some reason using Title caused that part of the video to not render, it shows up with a yellow band instead of red like the rest of the video in the time line. I searched the FAQs and Googled for help and all that brings up is how to make a Title using text.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 28, 2012 Jan 28, 2012

For some more info about the red, yellow and green render bars look here http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Just create a New Title. It will have a Transparent background, and you can add Text, graphics, or even images (limited formats), and overlay them over Still Images, or Video, just by placing them on a higher Video Track.

For more info, see the Help file on Titles.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - though you can do it other ways, the easiest is to look in the Toolbar at the top of the GUI, and choose Title>New Title>Default Still. That creates the Title, and you name it, then it appears in the Titler (Title Editing Panel), where you can alter it, as you wish. You can also choose Based on Template, to use one of the Library Titles, and alter that, to suit. When done, the New Title will appear in the Project Panel, and can be dragged, to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2012 Jan 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill. I was able to create a title for the beginning fo the clip. When I created a 2nd title for the credits at the end that was my problem. The 2nd credits title using the still image didn't render and it showed up as a yellow bar in the timeline when the rest of the main video clip was red. Not sure what that was all about so I will try another clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you have a more fundamental problem: the red line indicates a mismatch between your source material and your sequence settings.

To try to solve this, select a clip in the project panel and then go to File/New/Sequence from Clip and check that the red line no longer appears in the new sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot imagine why a Title, created in that Project/Sequence would have a yellow line - it should start with a red line, as PrPro needs to create the video from what is basically a Still Image, and then will be "blended" into the underlying Video, i.e. your Still Image(s). However, with a simple overlay Title, even with the red line, playback should be adequate. Still, you can alter your WAB (Work Area Bar), so that it is just covering your Title and Still Image, and hit Enter/Return to Render just that portion of the Timeline.

With that yellow bar, it might be a good idea to post a couple of screen-caps. First, with your Title in Titler (the Title editing Panel), and then second, your Timeline, with that Title above your Still Image. Those might tell the tale.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot imagine why a Title, created in that Project/Sequence would have a yellow line

Because he's using hardware acceleration.  This is normal, there is no problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some more info about the red, yellow and green render bars look here http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help, Jerry nailed it with that link. Suddenly it all comes into focus as they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

both of the BLOG sections are no longer on the Web.  Please provide a new reference.

tjcooper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you Jim. Had not given that a thought.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines