8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 9:57 PM by chappa-ai RSS

Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?

chappa-ai

After installing both Photoshop Elements 10 and Photoshop Premier Elements 10 on my MacBook, there are now a lot of new fonts in the /Library/Fonts folder.  There doesn't seem to be any documentation online regarding which fonts are installed by these programs for sorting out the mess.  Is there a list somewhere?

• 1. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?
          99jon MVP

Open Full Edit and launch the text tool by clicking the T symbol in the tools pallet. You can scroll through the list of fonts from the dropdown menu or use the up and down arrows on the keyboard.

• 2. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?
            chappa-ai Community Member

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific.  I didn't mean which fonts are installed on the system - that's easy.  I already know this through Suitcase Fusion.  There are several NEW fonts introduced to the system that weren't there before Elements and Premier Elements were installed.  Obviously each of these programs installs a group of fonts as part of their installation.  I'm trying to find out which fonts were packaged with Photoshop Elements 10, and which fonts were packaged with Photoshop Premier Elements 10.  I did find http://techinch.com/2010/05/21/what-fonts-are-included-with-photoshop-cs4-cs5-and-elements -8 but the listing is incomlete, as it's for version 8 rather than 10.  (I know it to be incomplete due to comparison against my /Library/Fonts folder.)  Considering how long version 10 has been out now, I'm surprised nobody has yet published a list of their included fonts.

• 3. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?
              99jon MVP

Navigate to:

Windows 

C: Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Fonts

Mac

I’m not sure of the file path but try:

OS X: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts

• 4. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?

Thanks for trying to help, but I had already tried that before posting.  I also looked in the application resources.  /Library/Application Support/Adobe has no fonts folder, and application subfolders contain only presets information.  The application installers write the fonts to /Library/Fonts/ because that's where they all are, mixed together with other fonts which were already there.  It's looking like I'll need to uninstall both applications (which hopefully will also uninstall the fonts they each included), move the remaining fonts to a temporary folder, then install each application separately and note the fonts folder changes.  Then move fonts back from the temporary folder.  This would be a tedious process, especially for Premier Elements as Adobe has a bug in their installer requiring an extra installation patch online, since each app takes about 20 minutes to install.  The plan also relies completely on the uninstallers successfully removing their respective fonts.

• 5. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?
                  99jon MVP

OK good luck with that. The only other place to look for clues might be:

/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/

• 6. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?

Yep, had tried that also.  Unfortunately the installation logs don't contain any fonts information.  I'll post the PSE10 and PSPE10 packaged fonts lists for OSX for all to see after I get it worked out.  (Or, someone from Adobe could reply and save me the trouble...)

• 7. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?

The uninstallers do not remove the fonts that they had installed.  Damn.

• 8. Re: Photoshop Elements Installed Fonts List?

Here is a list of the fonts installed.

Photoshop Elements 10:

Adobe Caslon Pro (Bold, BoldItalic, Italic, Regular)

Bickham Script Pro (Bold, Regular)

Caflisch Script Pro (Bold, Light, Regular)

Graphite Std (Bold, BoldNarrow, BoldWide, Light, LightNarrow, LightWide, Narrow, Regular, Wide)

Kozuka Gothic Pr6N (Bold, ExtraLight, Heavy, Light, Medium, Regular)

Kozuka Mincho Pr6N (Bold, ExtraLight, Heavy, Light, Medium, Regular)

Lithos Pro (Regular)

Minion Pro (Bold, BoldIt, It, Regular)

Myriad Pro (Bold, BoldCond, BoldCondIt, BoldIt, BoldSemiCn, BoldSemiCnIt, BoldSemiExt, BoldSemiExtIt, Cond, CondIt, It, Light, LightCond, LightCondIt, LightIt, LightSemiCn, LightSemiCnIt, LightSemiExt, LightSemiExtIt, Regular, Semibold, SemiboldCond, SemiboldCondIt, SemiboldIt, SemiboldSemiCn, SemiboldSemiCnIt, SemiboldSemiExt, SemiboldSemiExtIt, SemiCn, SemiCnIt, SemiExt, SemiExtIt)

Myriad Web Pro (Bold, Condensed, CondensedItalic, Italic, (Regular))

Nueva Std (Bold, BoldItalic, Italic, Regular)

Poplar Std ((Regular))

Postino Std (Italic, (Regular))

Stencil Std ((Regular))

Tekton Pro (Bold, BoldObl, Obl, Regular)

Trajan Pro (Regular)

Premier Elements 10:

Adobe Caslon Pro (Bold, BoldItalic, Italic, Regular)

Adobe Garamond Pro (Bold, BoldItalic, Italic, Regular)

Adobe Heiti Std (Regular)

Adobe Ming Std (Light)

Adobe Myungjo Std (Medium)

Adobe Song Std (Light)

Birch Std ((Regular))

Blackoak Std ((Regular))

Brush Script Std ((Regular))

Chaparral Pro (Bold, BoldIt, Italic, Regular)

Charlemagne Std (Bold, Regular)

Cooper Std (Black, BlackItalic)

Courier Std (Bold, BoldOblique, Oblique, (Regular))

Giddyup Std ((Regular))

Hobo Std ((Regular))

Kozuka Gothic Pr6N (Bold, ExtraLight, Heavy, Light, Medium, Regular)

Kozuka Mincho Pr6N (Bold, ExtraLight, Heavy, Light, Medium, Regular)

Lithos Pro (Black, Regular)

Mesquite Std ((Regular))

Minion Pro (Bold, BoldCn, BoldCnIt, BoldIt, It, Medium, MediumIt, Regular)

Myriad Pro (Bold, BoldCond, BoldCondIt, BoldIt, Cond, CondIt, It, Regular)

Myriad Web Pro (Bold, Condensed, CondensedItalic, Italic, (Regular))

Nueva Std (Bold, BoldCond, BoldCondItalic, Cond, CondItalic, Regular)

OCR A Std ((Regular))

Orator Std ((Regular), Slanted)

Poplar Std ((Regular))

Prestige Elite Std (Bd, BdSlanted, (Regular), Slanted)

Rosewood Std (Regular)

Stencil Std ((Regular))

Tekton Pro (Bold, BoldCond, BoldExt, BoldObl, Regular)

Trajan Pro (Bold, Regular)