8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2012 10:21 AM by Peru Bob

PPBM 5.5 question

Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I followed the instructions to the letter, including setting the scratch disk settings. to "same as project" and exporting from Adobe Media Encoder to the same disk as the project.

I have 2 disks in Raid 0 for exports, where I normally keep the preview files and my exported files.  Should I have set the preview files and exports to my export disk for the Benchmark project?

• 1. Re: PPBM 5.5 question
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The beauty of the benchmark is that you may run it BOTH ways and then compare your results to see what works best with your specific hardware configuration

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PPBM 5.5 question
            wonderspark Level 1

I sent an email somewhere a while back in regards to being a beta tester for PPBM for Macs (v6 perhaps?) and never heard anything back. Anyone know / need a Mac user for the benchmark?

My system is a 2009/2010 Mac Pro 3.33GHz 6-core with 32GB 1333MHz RAM, Areca 1880ix-12 with 8x2TB WD RE-4 disks in a speedy 12TB RAID6, 2x1TB AID0 scratch disk, and one HDD for OS and programs.

I have CS5, and when CS6 comes out, I'll move to that once it's stable.

• 3. Re: PPBM 5.5 question
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Check your PM.

• 4. Re: PPBM 5.5 question

I did the Benchmark with the preview files and exported files sent to my export drive, but when I double clicked on the .vbs file, I got this error:

2012-01-28_210607.png

• 5. Re: PPBM 5.5 question
                  Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You did not follow the rules.The script requires that you have the output files in the same place that the project file and preview files are.  If you want to test having your output files to some other place than you must cut them and paste them to the proper location.  Notice I said CUT and not copy.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: PPBM 5.5 question

If you want to test having your output files to some other place than you must cut them and paste them to the proper location.  Notice I said CUT and not copy.

So, I should set both the preview and export files to "same as project".

Exactly where in the procedure do I cut and paste them to where I would normally keep them (my export drive)?

After running Adobe Media Encoder and before double clicking the script, or after saving the project file and before running Adobe Media encoder?

• 7. Re: PPBM 5.5 question
                      RjL190365 Level 4

Bob,

If the output drive is set to a folder that's different from the PPBM folder (whiose contents are shown in the image in one of your previous posts), after running the PPBM5 benchmarks, cut all of the files pertaining to the benchmark (this includes the video, xmpes and xmp files) from that output drive to the PPBM folder. This should be done adter running Adobe Media Encoder but before running the script.

• 8. Re: PPBM 5.5 question

Thanks RjL and Bill.

That did it.