1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2012 5:12 AM by Peter Spier

Redirect Document Recovery using registry setting or Group Policy

Nick Todd

Hi all, I am deploying In Design CS5.5 (version 7.5) on several Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Citrix servers. The users login to the server and use the server desktop to run applications. For many apps we have used redirection for cache folders etc to try and keep the user's windows profile as small as possible. When an application uses the registry to store its file paths then this can easily be done with group policy, I haven't been able to find any key for In Design that holds the Document Recovery path or any other cache type paths.

Does anyone know where this path is stored?

Any recommendations for methods on redirecting adobe paths out of the user's profile?

All help appreciated !

Nick.

• 1. Re: Redirect Document Recovery using registry setting or Group Policy
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The path to the recovery folder is stored as part of the User's application preferences in InDesign Defaults, I believe. There is  Browse button under FIle Hnadling that lets the user choose the location for the folder.

I don't know if it will help you, but I maintain a group of workstations for the student paper at the local community college, all of which have DeepFreeze installed making a local recovery folder useless, so I set the folder on one machine to a network drive, then cloned the prefs to the other workstations. Seems to work great.