3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2012 7:09 PM by the_wine_snob

putting my logo on a video that is in public domain.

kingocrazy

Hi all, this my first post and i'm brand new to adobe premiere elements 10, I just bought my copy about a week ago and i'm loving it but I have a unique problem that I have not been able to find the best solution to.

Part of my business requires me to scrap videos that are in public domain and further push that video. Sometimes though the site that I scrap from imprints a logo for the entire length of the video in one of the corners. Here is an example: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dd3_1327789981.

The solution that i've come up with is to click on the "add default text" option delete the text and then click on the "add image file" .. resize my image logo to the proper size and cover the pre existing imprint. However this is VERY VERY un effecient. Doing it this way makes me have to spend an  60 min + rendering the file.

Can someone please help me find a better solution? I am sure there is a way but just don't know it.

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: putting my logo on a video that is in public domain.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Some of the terms used, "scrap," and "push," are new to me, at least in the context of video.

Now, depending on what you need to have replace an existing logo, your method is probably as good as it gets.

Now, at the creation end of things, you can create a Title w/ a Shape (to hide the old logo), and then add your logo and perhaps Text to that. Once you have designed and produced your "cover" Title, you can Export (Save) that Title as a Template, to be reused.

Obviously, you will need to Position (via the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position) your Title to suit, but you can also adjust the Fixed Effect>Motion>Scale, as is required to cover the old log.

You will need to Export/Share your Timelines to the appropriate file format, to "burn in" your new logo. There will be no way around that, but the Title Template will save you having to design your replacement logo, each time.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: putting my logo on a video that is in public domain.
            kingocrazy Level 1

Thanks Hunt. I'll try to implement some of your solutions. Here is a wiki on web scraping: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dd3_1327789981.

By pushing I just mean to grab up some web traffic that has not seen this yet and hopefully some faithful users.

• 3. Re: putting my logo on a video that is in public domain.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, predicated on another post/thread, it appears that Web "scraping" is basically taking others' contents, and using them elsewhere. Is it your intent to take other's contributions, and then make it appear, as tough someone else contributed?

If so, there are probably many international intellectual property laws, that need to be addressed, and by professionals in intellecutal property laws.

As I am not an attorney, and the last classes that I had in media law were about the time of the US Copyright law changes, in 1976, I cannot comment on the changes in electronic copyright laws. Still, passing off anothers' material, as someone else's, is usually frowned upon.

Even with the Wiki-pedia entry, in that other thread, I am not exactly sure how this is being used here. Regardless, I would consult a media lawyer immediately, to see what is allowed.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful