I am a photographer and I want to create a slideshow of 100 images or so to promote my business. I was doing this with iDVD and it's simple - but doesn't support HD and has no provisions for a "Ken Burns Effect". I've used iPhoto and it does everything I need, but can't really burn a disk of the slideshow that works on PCs or Macs (that I know of). I am fairly proficient in Photoshop.
Here's my needs:
- drop in a series of photos
- create an order of the slides
- a simple transition between slides (could be just a fade)
- be able to do a manual Ken Burns on each slide (define start position and zoom / end position and zoom). So as that image is displayed it is moving somehow.
- automatically fit the slide duration to a mix of music
- burn a disk of that slideshow in HD (1080p or 720) give it to potential clients - they should be able to pop it into their Mac or PC and be able to play the slideshow just as I created it.
So is this something I can do easily with Catalyst? Is there a tutorial specific for this kind of need? Is there a better app for this kind of thing?
If you are looking to create DVD that is viewable on a TV or something that is viewable on a computer? Either way, Flash Catalyst is not the right tool. It might be part of an overall solution, but it might get very messy to develop. I would take a look at what Lightroom might offer, or try asking in a photography forum. They might know a tool that might fit your needs.