2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 12:37 AM by inquestflash

post script indesign

inquestflash Level 1

hello forumers.

today i printed out a document,and when i had gone to the print house,the printer told me my pdf file was huge,so he recomended next time that i should save my document as a post script,and then use adobe distiller which shrinks the file size

so the machines print faster.is this correct?and if so how can i set up this post script?

thank you.

• 1. Re: post script indesign
          Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

At Adobe, we most strongly and respectfully disagree with the advice given to you by your printer. Creation of PDF via direct export of PDF is strongly preferred over creation of PDF via distillation of PostScript. There are some circumstances in which in fact you may end up with a smaller PDF file via distillation of PostScript, but it is also true that such PDF files are generally of inferior quality, lacking support for live transparency, color management, and the ability to easily search and/or do file touchup of PDF in Acrobat.

- Dov

• 2. Re: post script indesign
            inquestflash Level 1

hello dov

Thank you for the reply.ill stick to the exporting from indesign pdf as my lectures have told me,and since you from adobe also recomend pdf via indesign ill shall do so.