2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2012 7:53 AM by the_wine_snob

Exporting Audio Issue

HybridUK25

Hi all,

I'm really hoping someone can help us out here.  We're having problems exporting a video as a WMV.  When the export has completed and we playback the exported video the audio is just a loud digital noise.

For example this clip... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfAJmoefIXY

We have tried music from a different source, but to no avail.

When we try to export the video as an MPEG or Quicktime we simply get no audio.

The audio and project plays fine WITHIN Premiere Elements 10, just doesn't export correctly.

I have tried all of the default export presets, each with the same result.  I have also tried multiple machines and multiple users.  All of the machines here are the same in terms of spec and software config.

Does anyone have any ideas why this could be doing it?

Here's to hoping!!

Many thanks,

Chris.

• 1. Re: Exporting Audio Issue
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format is it?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select? Selecting project settings that match your source footage is vital to a successful output. When your source video and project settings are in sync, you will NOT see a red line above your clips when you place your clips on your timeline. Is that the case in your project?

• 2. Re: Exporting Audio Issue
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Chris,

For the Export/Share with no Audio, see this ARTICLE on Multiplexing. It could also be that due to the format, if the Audio is not Multiplexed into the WMV, then the "digital noise" plays - basically a lack of an Audio Stream, but WMV needs an Audio Stream, so just puts in noise.

Good luck,

Hunt

BTW - what are the sources of your Audio Streams in PrE, i.e. MP3's, camera Audio, etc.?