3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2012 11:19 AM by flyingj481

Unable to to import flash file into Presenter

George the scribe Level 1

I'm running Presenter 7.0 in PPT 2007. Other than the problem I'm having with a flash video file, it seems to work fine.

I have created a flash video in Captivate (it's a short software demonstration), and I want to incorporate it into a presentation using Presenter. But when I select "Insert swf file" in the Adobe Presenter tab, I never get a chance to select the swf file I want.

I'm expecting a file-selection dialog at this point. Instead, I get switched to Internet Explorer and nothing further happens.

The flash file works correctly as a stand-alone running in Internet Explorer.

Is "Insert swf file" the right way to add this video? Is there a better way to incorporate this Captivate video?

One dead end I already tried: I looked at the description of the problem "Video import fails | Adobe Presenter 7.0.7", but that doesn't seem to be my problem. I'm running 7.0 (not 7.0.7), and the registry key mentioned on the Adobe Presenter support site (TreatFLVCheckWarningAsError) is not present on my computer.

Thanks for your help.

-- George

• 1. Re: Unable to to import flash file into Presenter
          flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Ok, first I would reccomend you update to 7.0.6 through the Adobe Updater or 7.0.7 through the download avaialble at http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/.

As to your issue of importing the flash file, if you are using Captivate 5 or 5.5 it publishes to AS3 (Action Script 3) only, and presenter 7.0.0-7.0.6 is an AS2 application. Therefore your Captivate SWF files will not work in Presenter. So if you are using Captivate 5 or newer, you must go to Presenter 7.0.7 for the SWF files to work.

The problem you describe sounds to me like you are working on a PPT file that is on a shared drive. Presenter doesn't like working with files that are not on your computer, and will tend to not show the dialogs for inserting Flash, Videos, or Audio if the presenation is on a shared drive.

• 2. Re: Unable to to import flash file into Presenter
            George the scribe Level 1

Thanks, Jorma. I moved the PPT file to my machine and now I get the dialog window to select the swf file.

I am still having an audio problem (my narration, recorded in Captivate, is gone and all I hear is the mouse-click noise that Presenter generates) but I imagine I'll be able to figure that one out. I have not yet upgraded to 7.0.7.

btw: I'm using Captivate 3.

-- George

• 3. Re: Unable to to import flash file into Presenter
              flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Glad that we got 80% of the way there.

The audio and mouse clicks are in Captivate (Presenter doesn't generate mouse clicks). Double check in your Preferences in Captivate that the box to publish audio is checked, just incase.