2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 2:37 AM by pjlittlewood

Close last document behaviour.

pjlittlewood

This might seem trivial but it is really bugging me!

When I closed my last open document in InDesign I used be able to see through to my desktop - except for any open palettes.

Now when the last window closes I get a further dark grey window behind which I have to actually close with the mouse (since cmd w won't close it as its not actually a document).

(see screenshot http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14364688/grey.png).

The behaviour has suddenly changed and I can't figure out why, please help!

PS I'd rather not trash ID prefs other than that its set up the way i want!

Sytem Info:

Indesign CS4 - Mac OS 10.6.8

• 1. Re: Close last document behaviour.
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's the Application Frame

On the Mac, the Application frame groups all the workspace elements in a single, integrated window that lets you treat the application as a single unit. When you move or resize the Application frame or any of its elements, all the elements within it respond to each other so none overlap. Panels don’t disappear when you switch applications or when you accidentally click out of the application. If you work with two or more applications, you can position each application side by side on the screen or on multiple monitors. If you prefer the traditional, free-form user interface of the Mac, you can turn off the Application frame. In Adobe Illustrator, for example, select Window > Application Frame to toggle it on or off. (In Flash, the Application frame is on permanently. Dreamweaver does not use an Application frame.)

• 2. Re: Close last document behaviour.
            pjlittlewood Level 1

Thanks so much!