2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 4:53 AM by Elfed Jenkins

Illustrator CS 5.1 won’t open when we log in to our Macintosh workstations using an account with a

Elfed Jenkins Level 1

Hi,

I have been asked by one of our customers  the following question, please can you help!!!

The issue we have is that Adobe Illustrator CS 5.1 won’t open when we log in to our Macintosh workstations using an account with a network home area.

We have multiple OSX 10.6 workstations and our users have Open Directory accounts with network home areas on an OSX 10.6 server.  All the other Adobe CS 5.5 applications (InDesign, Photoshop etc.) work fine with our network accounts, but Illustrator won’t open at all.  When a user clicks the Illustrator icon to launch the program, it bobs up and down in the dock for approximately 2 minutes, then the program closes.  No splash screen appears.  I have tested this with several different accounts (including new ones created for this purpose) on several workstations with the same results.

When I tested this with a local standard user (not Administrator) account Illustrator launched successfully.  There are no other differences between this local account and the network accounts other than where the home area is located, and where the account authenticates to.

Thanks,

Elfed.