I´m having some trouble with foreign language support in my application.
I have an english and german locale setup and have set the compiler arguments.
I have two properties files. One for english and one for german.
Both have been set to UTF-8 encoding.
When I load the SWF in Internet Explorer, the various german characters such as umlaut display as square boxes.
I have tried manually setting the locale in the SWF to german.
I have set my machine up as german (through regional settings), with german selected in the languages section of IE also.
Yet I still cant get the flash plazer to display german characters. Internet Explorer displays them fine.
I have gone to pages and used google translate and can see umlauts etc... on the pages.
It just appears to be flash player.
My guess is that whatever font you are using in your Flex app doesn't have the necessary German glyphs, so they display as boxes.
Gordon Smith, Adobe