6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 3:00 PM by ryanaclarke

Windows 7 64bit: After effects crashing!

ryanaclarke

Hello, i just installed the after effects trial on my macbook pro late 2010 in windows 7 64bit but... after the splash screen and the window appears, its instantly crashes with "after effects has stopped working" i have downloaded after effects cs5.5 yesterday and installed it, opening it now it just crashes =/ anyone know how i can fix this?

• 1. Re: Windows 7 64bit: After effects crashing!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

"trial"... "late 2010"...? Uninstall it, it has long timed out, anyway (unless you really do have a serial). For very much the same reason your CS5.5 is probably crashing - something has messed with the licensing system and tainted it. Could be anything from a Windows update to an Adobe update of anotehr app. Therefore you will probably have to run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, anyway, and reinstall every bit of Adobe software on this system...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Windows 7 64bit: After effects crashing!
            ryanaclarke Level 1

its not a late 2010 trial lol, its a late 2010 model macbook pro >.> the trial tells me i have 30 days from today

i have already taken these steps:

uninstalled after effects, used the master set cleaner tool and rebooted

also tried the ctrl + alt + shift which doesnt work either, ive als oupdated my graphics card drivers to the latest, still no luck....

• 3. Re: Windows 7 64bit: After effects crashing!
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I see. Have you made sure to install all drivers? CoreXi processors may require them for Turboboost and general power management features. Similarly, you may have taken care of your graphics, but there may be a bad audio driver or some issues with third-party CoDecs. Beyond that the usual - verify your drivers, make sure your virus scanner and firewall behave, run Windows Update, perhaps install .NET runtimes manually...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Windows 7 64bit: After effects crashing!
                ryanaclarke Level 1

yes im using the latest bootcamp drivers given to me by apple, i have not yet found a way to update my sound card drivers past apples control =/ but nvidia sure is possible, i have not installed any third pary codecs on this machine and i have the required .net runtimes =/

ah i would like to point one thing out....

after installing my wacom intuous4 drivers, photoshop 64bit refuses to load anymore, so im forced to use 32bit which doesnt crash, could this be the same fro after effects? if so am i able to install 32bit after effects instead? i cannot resolve the drivers for  the tablet, without the drivers photoshop will load, with the drivers it wont

• 5. Re: Windows 7 64bit: After effects crashing!
                  ryanaclarke Level 1

really annoyed... i started uni, bought a macbook pro with an nvidia GT 330m with the latest drivers and i wanted to try after effects before buying it, yet... i cant even run it! my friend can run it fine and he has the same macbook pro model... i need this package for uni and if it refuses to load then im not going to buy it...

• 6. Re: Windows 7 64bit: After effects crashing!
                    ryanaclarke Level 1

ah solved it >.> it was the wacom drivers, i updated the drivers and now my adobe 64bit apps work