This should have been the easy bit.... Having spend weeks developing an AIR application (using a developer certificate) the big day arrived to upload the App to the AppStore for review. That was Sunday everning (48 hours ago) and since then I've been trying to get my App passed the "Apple Application Loader" with out any luck. I normally work on a Windows machine but have also tried the Mac Key Chain approach without any luck so here is my cry for help. So the steps I followed are:
- Download XCode to my Mac
- Use CS5.5 on my PC
- Develop application with AIR for IOS / ActionScript 3.0
- Follow these instructions: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7ff0.html - in summary - using SSL installed on a Ubuntu 10.04 box
- "openssl genrsa -out mykey.key 2048"
- "openssl req -new -key mykey.key -out CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest -subj "/emailAddress=[MY_APPLE_EMAIL], CN=[MY_NAME], C=US"
- Upload: CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest as my Distribution Key to my iOS Provisioning portal
- Download the "Distribution certificate" to my Ubuntu server (I don't seem to have a use for the WWDR file - should I use that somehow?)
- Convert the Distribution certificate to a PEM file using: openssl x509 -in distribution_identity.cer -inform DER -out distribution_identity.pem -outform PEM
- Convert PEM to a P12 file: openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey mykey.key -in distribution_identity.pem -out iphone_dist.p12
- Create a new distribution profile on iOS developer site using this new distribution certificate and download it
- In CS5.5 - Publishing profile - Player Development settings
- use iphone_dist.p12 as the development certificate
- use the downloaded distribution profile as the provisioning profile
- Set the deployment type to "Apple App Store"
I get a nice and shiny ipa file which I then put on my mac and try to upload it using Application Loader which rejects it with:
Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate
I've tried to regenerate everything about 20 times now on Mac and Windows but always with the same result. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.