26 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2012 5:09 AM by Jeff_Coatsworth

RoboHelp 9 crashes during the publish of a project

EricButer

Greetings friends,

I am in a serious bind. I have a project that was created in Robohelp 9. I started encountering crashes on the evening of Jan 30th when attempting to publish the project.

I have been working in this same project without issue for 3 months without issue. I suspect the issue is related to some topics that were updated or created on that day.

Here is what I have tried:

1. I am able to successfully publish other projects

2. I was able publish the project in question earlier in the day. From modified times, I can deduce the batch of topics that may be involved.

The problem is there are 32 topics.

3. I have evaluated each of the 32 topics, seeing an earlier thread that referenced potential issues with tables. I did find 2 topics where the table looked a bit odd. I edited the properties on the tables and saved the topics. The issue persisted.

4. For grins, I checked the properties on the tables in each topic to be sure they matched the format in known-good topics.

5. I have tried renaming the project's .cpd file - based on other posts- the same issue occurs.

6. The project is pretty good size, so recreating it is NOT an option.

So I am stuck!

I have some questions to try to resolve this:

1. I noted in another thread that a user with a similar issue was able to publish via command line. Any suggestions on the string to use?

2. Is there a way to test this project by removing the suspect topics, then readding them one-at-a-time - aside from manually re-creating the topic in RH, then copy/paste from the original?

Any suggestions on how to achieve this goal?

3. Are there any debugging/compiling tools available to help troubleshoot this type of error? This seems like a fairly common error where topic formatting can cause trouble. It would SEEM logical that a tool would exist.

I thank you all in advance for your consideration on this!

Thanks again.

Eric Buterbaugh

Newforma, Inc.