6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2012 12:49 PM by lilia@

Type alignment across two text boxes.

AG_462

Hello.

I have a business card the needs to have two text blocks, in separate text boxes, align vertically.

To make a long story short. I am using InDesign to create a business card for "PageFlex" to be used on "Four51". So the text variables will change. Sometimes all three designations will be used, I.E. phone, cell, fax. Other times only the phone and/or fax will be used.

The customer wants the left hand text block to align vertically with the right hand text block at the top line ALWAYS. Even though the right hand text block will change. I.E. Phone, Fax and Cell will NOT always be used. There may be only one used and the left hand text block must adjust to align at the top. I.E. Up or down to match the alignment of the right hand block.

Here you can see that the two text blocks align at the top. The right hand text block is "Bottom aligned" in "Vertical Justification".

Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 11.51.00 AM.png

Here you see what happens when one line of the text is removed. I want the left hand text block to lower with the right hand text block so they remain aligned.

Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 11.51.16 AM.png

Again, here is one more line removed. Again, I would like the left hand block of type to lower with the right hand text block.

Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 11.51.28 AM.png

If it's not possible, that's ok. I'm not a type guru. This is not within my knowledge of InDesign. I have tried with the text "linked" and "not linked". I can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Christian