5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 11:36 PM by Nash_John

Sensor my video?

malcolmrocks

I want to put in a sensor bar in the video (black rectangle) to hide someone's face.  How do I do this, or is it even possible with Pre 9?

• 1. Re: Sensor my video?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Of course it is.

Just go to the New Item button on the Project panel and create  a black video clip. Then click on it in the Monitor and drag on its corners to resize it. Then just drag it to an upper video track, over the clip you want to censer, and position it as needed.

• 2. Re: Sensor my video?
            malcolmrocks Level 1

Cool, it worked.  Only thing is that It stays as a square.  Can I stretch into a long bar?  Also, I am guessing that if what I am sensoring moves, then I will have to create multiple black video clips and move them accordingly.

• 3. Re: Sensor my video?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should be able to reshape the square by dragging on the side handles rather than the corner handles.

If not, right-click on the black clip on your timeline in select Properties. Open the Motion properties on the Properties panel and, under Scale, uncheck the chain link icon so that the proportions are not constrained.

Much more, step by step, in my books, if you're interested. http://Muvipix.com/pe10.php

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Sensor my video?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Personally, I like creating such devices as Titles, using Shapes.

One can have multiple such Titles, one for each person/object in the Frame.

Just like Steve's method, you would create the New Title, replace any "placeholder Text" with one of the Shapes, say the rectangle. With the Selection Tool (little arrowhead at the top of the Toolbar), and alter the size, in both horizontal and vertical dimensions.

With the Fixed Effects>Motion>Position and perhaps Motion>Scale, one can Keyframe the Title(s), so that they move with the actors, over time.

Again, you can create any number of such Titles (you will want to create the first, and then choose Duplicate, as if you just drag that initial Title to the Timeline, and alter it, you will alter every Instance of it - you want unique, New Titles).

One can also do Track Matte Keying, and then use an Effect like Moasic, to "distort" a face, and then Keyframe Motion>Position for that, BUT with multiple faces to address, the Title method will be much easier to deal with.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Sensor my video?
                  Nash_John Level 3

For sensoring moves, you can use the Motion Trcaking feature of PrE.

For details on it refer

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS2fa0b309bba5bdb1189225de12303a06a78-8 000.html

It will add a lot of keyframes to the matte you use by itself according to the moves.

Though it is not perfect, and you will still need to make some corrections, but it will greatly reduce your work.