2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2012 5:04 PM by typegirly

IDCS5.5 — Can't delete objects

typegirly Level 1

This is new. I've never seen this problem before. I draw a box, or a circle, or a text box... basically any object and I cannot delete them using the delete key. I can only delete them by using command-x. I can move them, re-size them, change fonts, change colors. They aren't locked. They aren't on a locked layer. They do have a different look than if I draw the same shape or text box (etc) in CS4. See below:

Screen Shot 2012-02-02 at 3.01.50 PM.png

I've never noticed the blue or yellow boxes before. I've try using contextual deletion too. Nothing works. Is this a new "feature"?

• 1. Re: IDCS5.5 — Can't delete objects
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You use the blue box to drag the object into postion as an anchored object in your text so you no longer need to go through cut and paste. The yellow activates corner effects -- click it and then drag any corner toward a center handle.

The delete problem soundl like either you are using a set of Keyboard shorcuts that disabled the key for that purpose, or maybe your prefs are corrupt (more likely if the contextual menu doesn't work, either).

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: IDCS5.5 — Can't delete objects
            typegirly Level 1

Thank you very much. It was my keyboard shortcuts. Somehow "clear" which is in the "edit" pull-down menu did not have the quick-key assigned to it. How bizarre.