7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2012 6:41 AM by the_wine_snob

Audio IN / Video IN together

mccumbert

Hello all,

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and am trying to utilize the program to record our morning announcements and then broadcast them out instead of doing it live with our video and audio mixer.

I can import the video from the camera via firewire and it’s working flawlessly. However, I’d like to take the audio from my audio mixer instead of the camera audio. Mixer is coming in via Line IN on my sound card.

Is there anyway I can take the video from the camera and the audio from Line IN simultaneously?

Thanks,

Tucker

• 1. Re: Audio IN / Video IN together
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Tucker,

Welcome to the forum. If you wish to Capture Live Broadcasts, I think that you will want PrPro, with OnLocation as part of the suite.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio IN / Video IN together
            mccumbert Level 1

Where would I find that?

• 3. Re: Audio IN / Video IN together
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

On the Adobe web site, of course.

Just go to Products at the top of this page and select More Products.

• 4. Re: Audio IN / Video IN together
                mccumbert Level 1

So there's no way to do this with the version of Adobe Premiere Elements 9 that I have?

• 5. Re: Audio IN / Video IN together
                  nealeh Level 5

mccumbert wrote:

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and am trying to utilize the program to record our morning announcements and then broadcast them out instead of doing it live with our video and audio mixer

Unless I'm reading this wrong you ARE NOT trying to broadcast a live stream (which is the PrPro feature suggested). It sounds as though you plan to make a recording and then author it with an alternate sound track for subsequent broadcast.

If that is correct then you can do this easily in PRE9.

1. Add the clip from your camera to the timeline.
                  2. Delete the audio from that clip.
                  3. Add the audio from your alternate source to the timeline and line it up with the video.
                  4. Share the timeline to whatever file format your broadcasting software requires.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: Audio IN / Video IN together
                    mccumbert Level 1

Correct. I don't need to push it out live, just need to record it and export everything to a DVD to broadcast the announcements later on.

I need to simultaneously record the line in and the cameras at the same time so the audio is synced up. Sony Vegas does this for me flawlessly, however, we already have Adobe Premiere 9 so we thought we'd use that instead of buying something else.

• 7. Re: Audio IN / Video IN together
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that clarification. I mis-read your need, thinking that you wished to do LIVE Capture from your feed, so that it would go directly to your computer, without going to other media, like the cameras' tape, or flash memory, and the same for your Audio recorder.

If the LIVE aspect is not needed, then Neale's workflow will get what you are after.

Good luck, and sorry for my misunderstanding of the need.

Hunt