5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2012 3:13 PM by clowesga2

Premiere Elements 3

wgbeijerland

Maybe someone in my direction pushing the appropriate function. Windows XP. Elements for these actions worked perfectly I had to tinker with unwanted software on my computer. Now I am with the following problem. Elements will start normally to complete the worksheet on the screen. The timeline is filled with info. Then, after a few seconds I get the message "A serious error occurred and Adobe Premiere Elements needs to close. Is trying to save your current project. OK. If I click OK, my desktop on the screen so fast that I think this is also beaten on such a film can never be saved so quickly. I Elements once with the Original DVD perform a recovery. Elements I have deleted and re-installed. Has not helped. What strikes me is that the screen of Task Manager the CPU 100% should run a few seconds and then I get that message Elements. It seems that the burden on the CPU gets too big and Elements is closed. Where are you looking for something. Thank you. wgbeijerland Netherlands

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 3
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to take a look at this ARTICLE. It starts with a checklist of things to do, to get PrE working smoothly. Next, it goes into tuning up the system and OS, and finally has links on troubleshooting problems.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 3
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In particular please let us know what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what format it is.

Version 3 of the program was very limited in terms of the types of video it was able to work with.

Also, indicate how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive. An XP computer is at least 6 years old, so it's probably full of tmp files and fragmentation.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 3
              nealeh Level 5

Have you installed the v3.02 patch from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3565?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 3
                wgbeijerland Level 1

Of a forum in our country, I got the tip. Remove Elements 3, Control Panel Software. As well as in the register In the register, I saw nothing in front of Premiere. Then install Elements with a disabled virus scanner. Fortunately I can use Elements. Thanks for your answers.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 3
                  clowesga2

The same problem suddenly made my Premiere Elements 3  unusable yesterday. I got the same message -- "A serious error has occurred..." - whether I loaded a recent project file, an old project file, or tried to create a completely new one.

After reading through this thread, I tried freeing up more disk space, running file and registry cleanups, repairing the software, and finally reinstalling the software. None of these actions fixed the problem.

Another Google search came up with the following article about fixing the same problem in Premiere Elements 7:

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/error-sorry-serious-error-occurred.html

I figured it was worth trying on Version 3. Even though the software re-installation must have created a new Styles folder, step 2 in the article fixed the problem. It involves simply changing the name of the Styles folder (My Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/3.0) and letting Premiere Elements re-create it. I kept the first program execution clean and simple by just having it create a new project. After that, I could open my big project files without any errors.

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into this problem