3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2012 10:59 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Warp stablization

RetiredSKC

I just upgraded from version CS4 and I can't get over how awesome the warp stablization works with no help from me. I have applied it to several clips with no problem but with two clips, the background looks like it is coming in waves. It kid of looks like what you would see during an earthquake. And those two clips didn't have more unsteadiness that the others did so I am trying to figure out why and how to remedy this. I have tried this a few times to make sure it just wasn't one of those things but I probably need to change one of the settings or something. Thanks for any input you can give.

• 1. Re: Warp stablization
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

If I were to guess, the shots that don't work contain  only large areas of relatively even color with no distinct details. Therefore the algorithm can't detect anything or at least doesn't have enough towork with. If that's the case, then there is nothing you can do. In that case using the old stabilization method with the tracker or mochaAE might be your only option.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Warp stablization
            RetiredSKC Level 1

Thanks for the info. Yes, one of the clips was a bride in her wedding dress and the background was white fabric. I actually never figured out how to get the old warp stablization to work for me so I either need to get back on youtube and watch them again, or let the clips go.

• 3. Re: Warp stablization
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The default settings for Warp Stabilizer warp the image to stabilize it (hence the name). But you can switch to a different method within the effect to not do warping but just to do position, scale, and rotation changes. This is all explained in the resources here.