1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2012 12:49 PM by Steve Grisetti

PE 9 and 10 Help PDF Invalid List View Descriptions

A.T. Romano Level 7

Bottom line: Has anyone reported on these problems, and, if so, what is being done about them?

Until proven otherwise, I believe that Premiere Elements 9 and 10 Help PDF requires editing of its List View Descriptions which are appropriate for at least version 8.0/8.0.1, 7, and 4, but not versions 9.0/9.0.1 and 10.  Please refer to the Help PDF Projects/View Clip Properties

for version 10:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiere...B-312BB3F13B11

for version 9:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Premiere...355c-7f98.html

Problems in this regard for Premiere Elements later than version 8.0/8.0.1 and not for versions 8.0/8.0.1, 7, and 4:

1. List View Properties display in text for export video file, no Data Rate Analysis graphs

2. List View Columns, no ADD to add your own columns, so only Adobe built in ones, and none of the Adobe built in ones, like Client, allow for editable text.

Comments:

Data Rate Analysis

I had read somewhere that these graphs appear for tape based rather than non tape based imports. Mini test: Premiere Elements MPEG4.avi import and DV AVI export of the MPEG4.avi. Results: Version 8.0/8.0.1 Properties for import in text format (file properties) only and Properties for export in text format (file + export properties) as well as display of Data Rate Analysis graph. Versions 9 and 10 Properties for import (file properties) and for export (file + export properties), both import and export text only.

List View Columns

1. If I look at the project.prel WordPad documents and the Client Column information there in each, I do not see any difference.

2. If I create a Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 project, set List View column choices Comments and Client, type in the comments and client information, and save/close/and re-open the project in:

a. Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, the Comments columns and its information will not appear; the Client column will appear, but its information will not be editable. (The 9.0/9.0.1 version does have Client, but not Comments, as a built in choice under Edit Columns)....the latter might explain why no Comments column except...

b. Premiere Elements 10, neither the Comments nor Client columns and their information will appear. (The 10 version does have Client, but not Comments, as a built in choice under Edit Columns.)

One of the Potential Problems:

It is well accepted that, if you edit a project from an earlier version in a later version, you cannot go back to the earlier version for editing. So, one potential problem that I see in all this is the loss of this type of information on upgrading from 8.0/8.0.1 and earlier....

a. If you create a Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 or earlier project which includes Comments and Client information in these List View Column choices, you will lose all that information in version 10 and have only non-editable Client information in version 9.

And, yes we have filed an Adobe Feature Request/Bug Form on this one.

Any comments about what I may have overlooked in trying to get those Help PDF List View Descriptions to work for me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ATR