• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp HTML 2002 to Robohelp 9

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently using Robohelp HTML 2002 and want to upgrade to the current version (though we know our version is so old that we'll have to pay for entirely new licenses, rather than upgrade licenses).  We have quite a few projects created through 2002, though, and would like to confirm that they'll be able to be opened and modified with Robohelp 9?  Does anyone have any knowledge about this?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are moving from the slate version to the digital version and wondering if it will all go well.

The good news is that you will be able to open the project but given the number of versions in between (probably the record number that I have seen), it's just not possible to say whether or not you will hit problems. You may, you may not.

The most likely area is with lists, if you have any. What will happen is covered on my site and it's not as difficult as it may appear at first. We will help you here if you get stuck on that one.

What I would do is created zipped copies of your projects before you upgrade them. That stops you accidentally opening the backup in the later version. You can download the trial version and I suggest you install that on a different machine while you transition from 2002 to 9. Later versions can co-exist although I would still not put a trial on a production machine.

You can apply Service Release 902 to the trial and I recommend you do.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try that.  Unfortunately I really only have one machine to use, so will make some backups and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK but 2002 was not designed to co-exist with other versions so you may have problems. If anyone following this thread has installed 9 on a machine with 2002 on it, please speak up.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp