4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2012 8:08 AM by the_wine_snob

burn a dvd in photoshop premiere elements 10

louisianawayne

in the share window it says media not present, how do I get the pictures present so I can burn a disc?

• 1. Re: burn a dvd in photoshop premiere elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Do  you have media on your timeline?

Is your CTI playhead positioned over that video?

Can you post a screen capture of what your timeline or the program's interface looks like?

• 2. Re: burn a dvd in photoshop premiere elements 10
            louisianawayne Level 1

I had pics in sceneline but when I switched to timeline it was the same.In the share window under copies it has a heading of status,then a yellow triangle and next to that is says media not present

• 3. Re: burn a dvd in photoshop premiere elements 10
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Where is your media located?

If your pictures or video are on a device that you later disconnected, it will not be part of your project.

PLEASE post a screen capture of your timeline so we can see this. We can't help you if we don't know what's going on.

Also, for the basics of adding and using media, see my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

• 4. Re: burn a dvd in photoshop premiere elements 10
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Media Not Present is most often caused by the blank disc in the burner. You do have a blank disc in the burner, right? It can be a bad disc, or even a bad brand of disc. I strongly recommend ONLY Verbatim, Taiyo-Yuden or Falcon Pro blank media. Also, make sure that the disc is, in fact blank, and has not been written to already. The error message can also be a "SenseCode Error."

Next, and also possibly with a SenseCode Error, is the actual multi-drive/burner has a problem. Check it out in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager - DVD/CD-ROM drives, and see if there are any problems.

Last, and also possibly with a SenseCode Error, will be the firmware of the multi-drive/burner. Updating the firmware is not hard, BUT following the instructions from the burner mfgr. is VERY IMPORTANT, as one little mistake, and the drive will be totally hosed.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful