1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2012 11:42 AM by peter minneapolis

InDesign CS 5.5: Custom Footnote and style for ePub

Omar Saleh Level 1

Hello

i am wondering if there is away to:

1. create custom footnote, so instead of normal number i want to InDesign to create it with parentheses.
      2. when i paste the text for that note at the bottom of the page, InDesign add extra space between the number and the text, is there any way to decrease the space
      3. i have a book that has so many chapters and InDesign keeps counting the footnote like (1,2,3,4,.......66) and so on, is there any way to control the footnote so every chapter start with number (1)?

regards

• 1. Re: InDesign CS 5.5: Custom Footnote and style for ePub
          peter minneapolis Level 4

Omar Saleh wrote:

Hello

i am wondering if there is away to:

1. create custom footnote, so instead of normal number i want to InDesign to create it with parentheses.
          2. when i paste the text for that note at the bottom of the page, InDesign add extra space between the number and the text, is there any way to decrease the space
          3. i have a book that has so many chapters and InDesign keeps counting the footnote like (1,2,3,4,.......66) and so on, is there any way to control the footnote so every chapter start with number (1)?

regards

Hi, Omar:

In Type > Document Footnote Options, you can set a parenthesis or other prefix and suffix character. Adjust the space after the footnote number by choosing a separator; if you choose a tab, set the tab stop position for the footnote paragraph style. Create a footnote paragraph style if you don't have one, and specify it in the Footnote Formatting area of the Footnote Options dialog box.

Search Google for terms like "InDesign footnote formatting" without quotes for details.

I'm not sure how much of the formatting will be retained in an ePub.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Message was edited by: peter at knowhowpro