3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 3:56 AM by Nash_John

Using Premiere Elements 8 Files (PC) in 10 (Mac)?

Crown484

Hey...

Is it possible to use older Files like my Elements 8 Projects from the PC in Elements 10 on my Mac System?

If i try, there is an Error Message "Compatibility Problem".

Thanks for an Answer.

Crown

• 1. Re: Using Premiere Elements 8 Files (PC) in 10 (Mac)?
          nealeh Level 5

PRE projects are not interchangeable between platforms. Heck - they're not reliably interchangeable between versions on the same platform

Sorry.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Using Premiere Elements 8 Files (PC) in 10 (Mac)?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Crown,

Welcome to the forum.

As Neale says, PrE's PREL (Project) files are not X-platform, though PrPro's (PRPROJ files) mostly are, with but a few exceptions. Now, this is but a theory on my part, and I'd love to have an Adobe engineer comment, but Adobe Encore's (full-featured DVD and BD authoring program) Project files (NCOR) are NOT X-platform, though Encore comes bundled with PrPro. The reason for that is that Encore is built on Sonic's Authorcore modules, that Adobe licenses, and those Authorcore modules differ pretty much for Mac, and for PC. Now, PrE, unlike PrPro, has some of those Sonic Authorcore modules, as it contains authoring capabilities, which was removed from PrPro at version CS3, the first X-platform version of PrPro. My guess is that it is those Sonic Authorcore modules, which kill PrE's X-platform nature.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Using Premiere Elements 8 Files (PC) in 10 (Mac)?
              Nash_John Level 3

Hey, if you had already created a complex composition using earlier version, I would suggest that you first export it, then transfer the exported file to your Mac and import it in PrE there.