2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2012 2:02 PM by AlextheCanadian

Reauthorizing an Aluratek libre pro

AlextheCanadian

For some reason ADE suddenly stopped recognizing my ereader and I am now getting the "No permission to copy document here" message.

Any suggestions about how to reauthorize the device?

So far the ctrl enter E suggestion I have scene in other posts has not worked.

• 1. Re: Reauthorizing an Aluratek libre pro
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The message you're getting is not about authorization of the ereader.  It

relates to the digital rights assigned to the ebooks by the publisher or

distributor.

You can check out what you're allowed to do with the ebook on your

computer.  In Library view, put your cursor on the small arrow next to the

name of the ebook.   A drop-down menu will appear.  Pick and click on 'Item

Info', and you'll see a display of information about the ebook.  At the

bottom will be the permissions assigned to it.

The digital rights are not changable by you.  however, you could contact

your ebook source and discuss them to see if they would or could change the

rights for you, so you could copy the ebook onto your Aluratek.

Hope this helps!

============

• 2. Re: Reauthorizing an Aluratek libre pro
            AlextheCanadian Level 1

Thanks for the help.

Don't think the permissions are the problem since I have been downloading books to ADE on my computer and then moving the books to my ereader for 2 years.

This same thing happened to me before about a year ago but the only thing I remember about fixing the problem was when I got help reauthorizing the device, just don't remember how this was done.

Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:28:49 -0700

To: amccuaig@live.ca

Subject: Reauthorizing an Aluratek libre pro

Re: Reauthorizing an Aluratek libre pro created by Frustrated in AZ in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

The message you're getting is not about authorization of the ereader.  It

relates to the digital rights assigned to the ebooks by the publisher or

distributor.

You can check out what you're allowed to do with the ebook on your

computer.  In Library view, put your cursor on the small arrow next to the

name of the ebook.   A drop-down menu will appear.  Pick and click on 'Item

Info', and you'll see a display of information about the ebook.  At the

bottom will be the permissions assigned to it.

The digital rights are not changable by you.  however, you could contact

your ebook source and discuss them to see if they would or could change the

rights for you, so you could copy the ebook onto your Aluratek.

Hope this helps!

============

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4187138#4187138

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4187138#4187138. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.