• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with slide notes as audio script

Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate v4 if you had more than a few lines of notes that you were to use as your script, you could "detach" the notes and expand the screen prior to starting your audio recording in order to see on one page all notes from which you based your audio.

I have yet to start any major recording in Captivate v5.5, but from what I see so far - the above option does not exist. It looks as if you get a scroll bar which you must use to see your script once you get to the bottom of the initial available notes screen.

Are there any workarounds ?

I would much prefer to see the full script from the start and not have to scroll down during my recording - with the added risk of my mike picking up the mouse clicks.

Noel

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

If you want to use the Slide Notes panel detached, you can just grab it by the tab and drag it off as a floating panel.  However, when you open the Slide Audio dialog, you'll find that the Slide Notes panel cannot be made to sit on top of it.

My preference is to dock the Slide Notes on the right side of the screen, and just sit the Slide Audio to the left of it so that I can read my voiceover script as well as control the Slide recording.

SlideAudio_SlideNotes_AlternateMethod.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you are in the Slide Audio dialog, look for the button at the bottom that says: Captions and Slide Notes. 

SlideAudio_SlideNotes.png

This allows you to view a panel containing your voiceover script in Slide Notes.  You can also enlarge the text to suit your taste...or your eyesight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got all that Rod, thanks.

My point was if the total length of the script notes for an individual slide is too large to display on a single screen (above), you get a scroll bar on the right side of Slide Notes pop-up. With Captivate v4, you would detach the slides notes window and expand it to make sure all your notes could be seen "as one".

I was concerned that now having to use a scroll bar when recording could create off stage noises....

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use the Slide Notes panel detached, you can just grab it by the tab and drag it off as a floating panel.  However, when you open the Slide Audio dialog, you'll find that the Slide Notes panel cannot be made to sit on top of it.

My preference is to dock the Slide Notes on the right side of the screen, and just sit the Slide Audio to the left of it so that I can read my voiceover script as well as control the Slide recording.

SlideAudio_SlideNotes_AlternateMethod.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent....that was what I was missing and just what I need.

Many thanks - Excellent help as always.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources